About our Fees
At the Law Office of William R. Orr, we understand that most people simply cannot afford to pay lawyers by the hour or advance the costs necessary to fight a legal battle against insurance companies or other large companies.
With this in mind, we have listed below some important points that our clients are often curious about:
- We advance the costs for you and wait until the case is finished to get paid.
- If we lose, we get paid nothing, no fees nor costs to you.
- If we are able to settle the case or if we go to trial and win, we charge a percentage of the amount of money we obtain for you. The percentage varies slightly depending on the type of case and is governed by the Workers Compensation Appeals Board.
- For the fee in your particular claim, please contact us. We are more than happy to explain our services and associated costs for your current - or pending claim.
- Before we can work on your claim, we will sign a contract that explains our fees in detail.
- When your claim is concluded, you will get a settlement agreement that will show the gross amount we obtained for you and the amount of fees and costs. If you have outstanding medical expenses or if your health insurance company has a lien against your recovery, we help resolve those matters, also, and those items will be reflected in the settlement agreement.
- Both you and our team will sign the settlement agreement. We will not disburse any funds to ourselves or anyone else without a signed settlement agreement.
With decades of experience helping injured workers throughout California, we are here to help fight for the justice you deserve.
To learn more about your legal options, contact our team of highly skilled professionals today to discuss the merits of your claim.